Friday, December 9, 2011
Kuih Lapis / Steam Layers
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
3 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
3 knotted pandan leaves
3 cups thick coconut milk
1. Mix A until well combined.
2. Boil B until sugar has dissolved. Let it cool.
3. Combine A with coconut milk, pour the syrup. Mix well.
4. Strain the mixture .
5. Divide the mixture into two, and put one portion with red colour.
6. Heat up a steamer.
7. Pour 1/2 cup of white layer on the pan. cover the steamer and steam for 3 minutes.
8. Then pour 1/2 cup of red layer and steam for 3 minutes. Keep repeating until the last mixture.
9. Steam the final layer for 15 minutes.
10. Leave it to cool at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
at 10:39 PM