Monday, February 6, 2012
600g bread flour
1 1/2 tsps salt
1 1/2 tbsps milk powder
4 tsps instant Yeast
270ml cold water
120g mashed potato
1. Mix (A) until well blended. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
2. Add (C), continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Make the dough into ball. Put it in a bowl and cover with clear film. Put in a warm place to prove for 45 minutes.
4. Mould dough into a ball and leave it to rest for a further 15 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into several 30g pieces, mould them into balls and put them on a greased square baking pan.
6. Cover and leave to prove for 40 minutes, or until twice the size.
7. Brush with egg wash and pipe the custard to make a cross on top.
8. Bake at 180C for 25 minutes on a low shelf in the oven. Serve.
TIPS: This dough is a bit sticky, so put some flour on your hands before you start to make it into balls.
CUSTARD TOPPING :-
1 tbsp custard powder
1 tbsp plain flour
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
Mix ingredients (A), and bring for double boiler. Stir continuously until the mixture thickened.
Remove from heat, add butter and stir until well blended. Ready to use.
at 7:28 PM