3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 cups fresh milk
1 egg (stir)
1. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour the milk, egg and oil. Using wooden spoon, gradually incorporate flour into the liquid to make a smooth, thick batter free from lumps.
2. Strain batter through a fine sieve to remove any lumps. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let rest for about 20-30 mins.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush surface lightly with oil.
4. Transfer the batter into the bottle. Moving in steady form fine, lacy pancakes.
5.Once roti jala is lightly coloured, remove using a spatula and place top-side down, on a plate (there is no need to cook both sides). Fold into wedges or form into small neat rolls.
6. Roti jala is ready to eat with curry.