Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Basic Doughnut Dough
A.100g bread flour
70g boiling water
B.250g bread flour
150g plain flour
10g milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
8g instant yeast
160g cold water
1. Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix until well-blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well-blended. Add C, knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well-blended.
3. Add in D, knead to form elastic dough.
4. Cover and let it proof for 30 minutes of double its size.
5. Remove the dough and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
6. Roll basic doughnut dough out into 10mm thick. Cut it with round doughnut cutter and let it proof for 35 minutes.
7. Deep-fry the dough in hot oil until golden brown.
at 2:40 PM