Saturday, January 28, 2012
70g glutinous rice flour
1 tsp cooking oil
Adequate hot and cold water ( 150ml each)
300gm minced chicken
5gm potato starch
1 tsp sesame oil
50g mix vegetables
1. Divided dough ingredients into two portions, ONE portion mix with hot water, another portion mix with cold water. Combine both doughs into one dough.
2. Mix well filling ingredients until elastic.
3. Knead dough into smooth strip, divide into each 20gm equal parts, flatten it into flat sheet.
4. Place in 20g filling, fold into dumpling shape.
5. Steam over high heat for 7 minutes. Serve with Chili sauce.
at 9:01 PM
My harvest...Finest ingredients.
800g tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 thumb-size young ginger, chopped
1 red chili, seeded, and finely chopped
1 tsp coriander seed
100g brown sugar
1 tbsp apple vinegar
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large, deep-pan. Then fry the onion, ginger, garlic and chili for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the remaining ingredients. Boil for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture has thickened and is sticks.
2. Cool slightly, then whizz in a blender until smooth. Sieve, then funnel into a bottle or jar while still hot. Cool completely before serving. Will keep for 3 months in the fridge.
at 11:29 AM
Thursday, January 26, 2012
GLUTINOUS RICE LAYER
2 cup glutinous rice
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 pc daun pandan
1. Heat up coconut milk and water in sauce pan and stir continuously until boil.
2. Add in glutinous rice and stir until simmer.
3. Transfer the glutinous rice into tray .
4. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer.
5. Press the rice until firm.
6. Put aside.
400ml coconut milk (blend with 5 pcs pandan leaves (blend to extract the juice)
2 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp flour
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp kapur sirih
1. Mix all ingredients and stir until well combined and strain.
2. Heat up in sauce pan and stir continuously until steam comes up but not to boil.
3. Pour in the mixture on top of the glutinous rice.
4. Steam up until well cook. Put aside to cool.
5. Cut and ready to serve.
Cover the steamer lid with cloth to avoid vaporise water falls down on top of the cake, or
Cover the tin with aluminium foil.
at 1:09 PM
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
2 cups rice flour
2 cups wheat flour
2 tsp yeast
2 cups rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
Food colouring of your choices.
1. Combine ingredients (A) in a large container. Mix well.
2. Blend the rice with half of water. Slowly add the remaining water, blend until the rice is well blended. Add on the sugar. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into (A). Mix well. Cover the container and let it rest for 3 hours.
4. Divide the batter and add the colouring.
4. Heat up steamer. Steam the moulds before using.
5. Brush the moulds with oil, spoon 3/4 full the batter into the moulds (or place paper cases in moulds,pour mixture 3/4 full).
6. Steam over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
7. Unmould the kuih, ready to serve.
at 10:59 AM
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 tbsp chopped garlic
200g minced chicken
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
dash of dark soy sauce and pepper
1 tbsp corn flour water
1. Mix all ingredients (A) and stir well. Set aside.
2. Heat up 1 tbsp oil and saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in minced chicken and stir-fry until well mixed. Add in seasoning and continue to stir-fry until aromatic. Thicken with corn flour water and dish up.
3. Heat up 2 tbsp oil, pour in half of beaten egg and pan-fry at low heat until half cooked. Add in half of minced chicken and fold up the omelette. Fry at low heat until both sides are golden brown. Dish up. Use the same method to finish the remaining portion. Serve hot.
at 9:51 AM
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Enjoy the harvest of this late summer season.
Crushed blackberries ( I crush mine by putting all the berries inside a bowl, and mash them with a potato masher.
2 cups crushed blackberries
2 cups sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1. In a small pan cook blackberries, sugar and lemon juice on high heat for 5 minutes and reduce to medium heat and cook an additional 15 minutes. Skim the foam off and store in a heat-proof container. The jam will thicken as it cools.
at 1:15 PM