Friday, March 9, 2012
37gm icing sugar
180gm plain flour
80gm hot water
50gm fresh milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine dough ingredients until smooth. Wrap the dough with cling wrap and keep into freezer for 30 minutes.
2.Flatten the dough. ( Use the rolling pin and cover the dough with the cling wrap so the dough doesn't stick into the rolling pin). Cut the dough and press the dough onto greased tart mould or small muffin tin.
3. Mix well hot water with sugar until sugar dissolved and mix well with others ingredients. Pour into prepared dough.
3. Place into oven and bake at 180C until golden brown.
at 12:05 PM
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
INGREDIENTS FOR YAM RING
600g yam (skinned, steamed and mashed)
3 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp rice flour
6 tbsp boiling water
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp shortening
2/4 tsp five spices powder
1. Cut yam into small pieces and steamed until soft. Mash with potato masher.
2. Mix the corn flour and rice flour in a small bowl until well blended. Pour boiling water into flour (make sure the water is hot in order to cook the flour) mix thoroughly.
3. Add dough and the rest of ingredients to the mashed yam. Mix with potato masher until it is well combined.
4. Pat dough into a long strip and join the ends to form into ring.(depending on how big is your ring is, if there is any leftover dough, do not throw it away OK..I make a yam ball for my yam ring garnishing.)
5. Place the yam ring in a sieve.
6. Rest the yam ring in the fridge for at least an hour.
7. Heat oil up in the deep fryer.
8. Lower the yam ring into the oil ( make sure the oil is hot enough to avoid ending up with a greasy yam ring). Deep fry until crispy and golden brown.
9. Remove and sit on wire rack to drain oil and place on serving plate.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
100g chicken breast , sliced.
200g medium prawns
1 capsicum (sliced)
1 carrot (sliced)
3 mushroom (sliced)
100g broccoli(cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp corn flour, add 3 tbsp water
1. Blanch capsicum, carrot, mushroom and broccoli in the boiling water with some sugar and cooking oil. Dish out and drain well.
2.Heat up 1 tbsp oil in the hot wok to saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in chicken, stir-fry over high heat for about 3 minutes. Add in prawn and entire blanch ingredients and seasoning, stir-fry briskly over high heat until well combined. Thicken the sauce with corn flour, stirring constantly over high heat until well combined.
3. Scoop into center of yam ring.
1. Place the yam ring into serving plate.
2. Garnish the side of the plate with cucumber and fried yam ball (leftover). Scoop the cooked fillings into the middle of the ring. Serve immediately.
at 1:44 PM
Sunday, March 4, 2012
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 Onions, sliced
3 cup chicken stock
2 X 310g cans creamed corn
400g fresh corn kernels
1 chicken breast fillets
Spring onion, sliced thinly
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook over medium-low heat until just soft. Add stock, creamed corn and corn kernels. Bring to simmer.
2. Cut chicken fillet in half lengthways and finely slice crossways. Add to the pan and cook until tender. Served sprinkled with fried shallots and spring onions.
at 6:22 PM