Friday, June 22, 2012
Melted butter, to grease
150g butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup passionfruit pulp ( You will need about 2 fresh passionfruit for this recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Brush a 16 X 26cm slab pan with milted butter to grease. Line the base and two long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in egg. Fold in the combine flours and milk until smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture into prepared pan, spread and press evenly over the base of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, use a balloon whisk to whisk the condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit in a large jug until smooth and well combined. Pour the condensed milk mixture over the base.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
at 9:16 PM