Monday, January 2, 2012

Kuih Keria / Sweet potato doughnut


This kuih reminds me to my mother who use to sell it when I was in primary school. Even though I'm not really good in making this kuih but Al-hamdulilah my kids and hubby love it.

INGREDIENTS
700g sweet potatoes ( Yellow type if possible)
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt

METHOD

1. Bring the potato to boil until well cook, mash and leave  to cool.
2. Mix it in flour and salt to make a dough.
3. Take a small portion and make a ring.
4. Deep fry until golden brown. Set aside.

To make the sugar coating, mix 5 tbsp sugar with 1 tbsp water. Cook in lower heat and stir until the syrup thickened slightly. Turn off the heat and mix the kuih and stir carefully until the kuih well coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...