Sunday, December 18, 2011
Asam Pedas Fish
Asam pedas is our all times favourite dish. I learned to make asam pedas from my Bapa. Even thoug my father does not really use an exact measurement of inredients, but, to make it more reliable and constant, here, I am proud to share this recipe with all my friends.
1 fish, about 800g
a bunch of daun kesum
20g dried chilies ( seedless, bring to boil)
1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
1 tbsp seedless tamarind paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Blend ingredients (B) until finely paste and smooth. Remove and keep aside.
2. Heat up 1/3 cup oil, stir-fry blended ingredients (B) in the hot pan over a low heat until the paste begins to release it's fragrant aromas, or until the chili oil is separates.
3. Add in lemongrass, tamarind paste and turmeric powder. Stir about 2 minutes.
4. Add in water, salt, brown sugar and ingredients (A).
5. Add okra and salted mustard if desired, bring to boil until the fish is cooked.
6. Dish up, serve at once.
at 7:12 PM