Friday, August 2, 2013
APAM TAPAI (FERMENTED RICE CAKE)
100gm tapai (fermented rice)
125gm rice flour
1/2 tsp Eno
1. Blitz everything together except the Eno and food colouring in the blender.
2. Pour into a bowl (make sure the bowl is big) and let it ferment for 5-6 hours.
3. Grease the steaming cups with some oil.
4. Prepare your steamer, put in water and let it come to a boil.
5. While waiting, mix Eno into batter, stir and add preferred food colouring.
6. Pour batter into greased cup until 95% full and steam on high heat for 15-20 minutes.
7. Let the cake cool down and remove from cups.
at 4:05 PM