Sunday, February 12, 2012
Yu Char Kueh
3/4 tsp instant yeast
2 tbsp lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
315gm bread flour
1 tsp salt
1. Mix ingredients (A) an set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Mix ingredients (B)
3. Sift ingredients (C) into a mixing bowl.
4. Ad in mixture of (A) an (B) into the flour.
5. Use a wooden spoon, mix the dough until well combined.
6. Knead for 5 minutes. ( The dough is a bit sticky)
7. Cover with cling wrap and let the dough proof for 2 hours.
8. Turn the dough onto a well floured work surface.
9. Sprinkle an roll the dough out into a long rectangle.
10. Cut into stripes. ( The length of chopstick)
11. Brush with water on one sided of each stripes.
12. Place 2 stripes one on top of each.
13. Let it proof for another 5 minutes.
14. In the meantime, prepare oil for deep frying.
15. Press lightly on the two stripes of dough with a satay stick.
16. Hold both ens of the dough an stretch the strips a little an lower into the hot oil. Deep fry. Turning constantly until each cruller turns puffy an golden brown.
at 6:56 PM