Thursday, January 26, 2012
Kuih Seri Muka/Sweet Sticky Rice Cake
GLUTINOUS RICE LAYER
2 cup glutinous rice
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 pc daun pandan
1. Heat up coconut milk and water in sauce pan and stir continuously until boil.
2. Add in glutinous rice and stir until simmer.
3. Transfer the glutinous rice into tray .
4. Steam for 10 minutes. Remove from steamer.
5. Press the rice until firm.
6. Put aside.
400ml coconut milk (blend with 5 pcs pandan leaves (blend to extract the juice)
2 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp flour
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp kapur sirih
1. Mix all ingredients and stir until well combined and strain.
2. Heat up in sauce pan and stir continuously until steam comes up but not to boil.
3. Pour in the mixture on top of the glutinous rice.
4. Steam up until well cook. Put aside to cool.
5. Cut and ready to serve.
Cover the steamer lid with cloth to avoid vaporise water falls down on top of the cake, or
Cover the tin with aluminium foil.
at 1:09 PM