Sunday, March 25, 2012
Feather Light Cheesecake
125g cream cheese
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
pinch of salt
1 tsp chocolate paste
1. Grease a 20cm square pan and line the bottom with paper.
2. Cook (A) until it boils. Cream (B) until smooth. Pour (A) into (B) and mix until well blended.
3. Add (C) and mix until well combined. Place it over double boiler. Mix until it thickens. Remove it from double boiler. Add (D) and mix until well blended.
4. Whip the egg whites in (E) until foamy. Then add the remaining (E) ingredients. Continue whipping until soft peaks. Add it into the cheese mixture from step (3). Mix until well incorporated. Reserve 100g of the cheese batter and mix with (F) to make chocolate batter.
5. Pour the plain batter onto the prepared pan. Then drip the chocolate batter on top. Swirl to make marble pattern.
6. Bake in water bath at 160C for 50-60 minutes or until the centre is set and golden brown.
7. Remove the cake from the pan immediately. Set aside to cool. If you let the cake cool in the pan completely, it will shrink tremendously.
at 1:22 PM