1 rustic baguette , cut diagonally into 3/4cm thick slices (about 24 pieces)
1 tbsp Coles brand olive oil, plus extra for brushing
Two 180g cans of tuna, in oil
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
100g grape tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 ripe avocado, halved and stone removed
- Preheat oven to 220 deg Celcius
- Placed sliced baguette in a single layer on a baking tray and brush with olive oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the bread has slightly browned, turning the pieces over once. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Place the tuna into large mixing bowl, straining and discarding all but 1 tsbsp of the oil from each can. Break the tuna into large chunks with a fork and toss with the tablespoon of olive oil, red onion, lemon juice and zest, chilli flakes, tomatoes and half the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using small spoon, break the avocado and spread evenly onto each piece of bread. Season the avocado with lightly with sea salt.
- Place a small spoonful of the tuna mixture onto each piece of bread leaving the smaller corner exposed to be used as a handle. Be sure that each crostini has a piece of tuna and tomato on it. Garnish the remaining parsley and serve immediately.