Wednesday, June 13, 2012
GIVE IT A SWIRL!
200g dark eating chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g caster sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
CREAM CHEESE MIX
400g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper. allowing it to overhang at long sides for handles.
2. To make cream cheese mix, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and eggs in a large bowl, until smooth and creamy.
3. Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water, ensuring base of bowl does not touch water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 mins, until melted and combined. Remove bowl from pan. Cool slightly.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in a large bowl until thick and creamy. Add cooled chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Sift flour over chocolate mixture and fold until just combined.
5. Pour three-quarters of chocolate mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Top with cream cheese mixture. Dollop over remaining chocolate mixture, then tap base of pan on a flat surface to settle mixture. Using a skewer, swirl mixtures together to create a marbled effect. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until just set at centre. Cool completely in pan ( brownie will firm). Cut into squares to serve.
at 1:37 PM